Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, July 9, 2010

Insightful

Yesterday Kirsty and I were talking a lot about parenthood and how awesome it is, and yet how at the same time is full of challenging moments and moments that downright suck. But we love it! And then I read Backpacking Dad's post 'Do Parents Hate Parenting?'.


Worth the read, especially if you're home, bored, nursing sick kids or recovering from ear surgery and need something to read to pass the time...

I wish I could write insightful posts like Backpacking Dad. Rhys' poop is really sticky these days! Oh, wait...that's not insightful at all. *SIGH*.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

That was a good post. I was just thinking of writing something similar, about wishing I didn't have to do the tasks of parenting. I loved the Whitman quote. I think those same researching should do a study on whether people without kids enjoy all the tasks in their days, as well. Maybe they would conclude that no one is happy!

T said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again....people who claim they are great parents with great kids and everything in their lives is great...are just plain lying.

Every parent struggles. And I agree that the tasks of parenting are unpleasant. But maybe if we just embrace that difficulty, and not try to create a "perfect" existence, the pressure would be eased a little and parenting would be more fun...who knows, but it's worth a try....

TJ said...

I enjoyed the Backpacking post, though at times it was a touch over written.

More than that, I enjoyed the other reader's comments.

It's a little distressing thinking that these studies are starting to make people on the whole feel like they don't like parenting, which becomes self fulfilling.

TJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.