Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 1, 2010

Twenty Ten

It's hard to believe that 1o years ago we were bringing in the year 2000. I always feared the day that I would begin to measure my life is decades, but now that it's here, it's not so bad. I remember hearing my parents say things like "Oh gosh, I haven't seen them in twenty-some-odd-years" and I'd be astonished that is was possible to have a life that could be broken into 20 year increments.


We rang in this historical(?) new year with a KFC Feast and Trivial Pursuit with our friends Rob, Tiff, Lana & John. Warren & I were shocked that we made it to midnight, never mind our actual bedtime of 1:30am. The night went by surprisingly fast, which I think is a good sign that good times were being had. It felt really great, actually, to be up late, partaking in some beverages of the alcoholic variety, with other adults, laughing, and our sweet baby sleeping soundly upstairs, visible on the Closed Circuit TV (aka our video baby monitor). I felt grown up and normal again.

As tired as I was in the morning, my fatigue was made more bearable because I have this little clown to wake up with:




(PS - I'm pretty sure this video clip caught Rhys' first word...can you figure out what it was?)

Happy New Year Everyone!

This post is part of my first New Year's Resolution: To blog every day in January. See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

Hmmm. "Ya" he is going to have a good year.

Sounds like it's off to a great start already!

Amanda said...

Ding Ding Ding!

T said...

A seasoned mom has an ear for these things....

The Blakeneys said...

He's a doll. What a happy kid.
Happy New Year, Cronins!