Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bouteille de Lait

Yesterday morning Warren was reading my blog, and he said 'Oh! Taking down the tree, eh? Pretty ambitious, don't you think?' I'm lucky that Warren fully understands how difficult in can be most days to accomplish anything when taking care of a baby. "You know," he continued, "traditionally the tree can be up until the 7th". Hurray! That's my out! And with Ukrainian Christmas being on the 6th, I'm really just staying true to my heritage. So I didn't procrastinate people, I'm being true to my heritage...


I didn't accomplish the other item on my daily to-do list either. To make a London Fog. I didn't have any Earl Grey tea, and I thought I'd be bastardizing the drink if I made it with English Breakfast or a Five Berry Blend. So instead I made Warren his favorite. A Chai Latte. With real Indian chai powder that I bought at a craft show a while ago.

Mr. Rhys had a great day yesterday. I laughed a lot and marvelled at how quickly he's learning and developing his skills. I'm just so gosh-darn-proud to be his mama and call him our son.

Now, some video clips that I taped yesterday...

1) Somehow, when parenting books talk about 'self-soothing', I don't think this is what they had in mind:



2) I'm fully aware that I sound like an idiot in this next clip, so just ignore my commentary and gaze upon Rhys' cuteness as he relaxes as Papa feeds him his dinner time bottle (Side note: I may have gotten a little carried away with the Mac's iMovie stock music selection and Warren thinks my music choice is borederline inappropriate...all I know is that I laugh myself to tears when the music kicks in...):



3) We began feeding Rhys rice cereal about a month ago, so this isn't a video of his first meal or anything. But he was just so enthusiastic about eating last night, that I had to whip out the camera...if you have 2 minutes to spare, I think it's worth it ;-) Again, the caveat that Warren & I sound like fools applies. You've been warned. Also, might be better viewed by clicking HERE, because stupid blogger crops the widescreen):



Warren always cracks me up when he feeds Rhys. When he's putting on the rubber bib (Warren calls it Rhys' 'raincoat') he'll start a conversation like this:

Warren: "Lobster tonight, Sir? Yes, yes...2009 was an excellent year for rice cereal. Yes...it was freeze dried in Italy by the young woman who harvested it. Perhaps, Sir, you would enjoy a nice wine with your dinner tonight? Perhaps a nice Beaujolais?"

Today: Warren has today off (for the most part) so I hope to vaccum & disinfect Rhy's toys & go grocery shopping...all things that are easier done with help around (and that NEED to be done because a baby is coming to visit tomorrow!).

Okay, Wednesday. I'm coming for you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda! I cannot belive what a little man Rhys has become. Good lord he is a mover!! Crazy. I can't wait to see it first hand. Love the videos! Such a great idea.
Kirsty

www.erinkelly.ca said...

so glad i'm not the only person who says "feetsies."

The Blakeneys said...

Your videos remind me how much I love this age. They are just so happy and content. Love those Rhys smiles. Way too cute. (And I, too, laughed a lot when the music kicked in...)

T said...

That was baby porn. I'm creeped out ;-)

BUT, the second video with warren feeding Rhys was ADORABLE. Total family fun!