Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mr. Serious

In the warm, blistering winds of yesterday's Chinook, Rhys & I got bundled up and headed out in the sleigh in search of an adventure. I pulled him through the streets of our neighbourhood with a specific destination in mind. The Park. Oh yes. I was in the mood to BLOW RHYS' MIND by introducing him to the baby swing. I maneuvered his little legs through the holes, gave him a push, and...nothing. There was a dad pushing his daughter in the swing next to us and he said "Well, he's not protesting! That's great!". But to simply have him 'not hate it' wasn't my goal. I wanted him to laugh and squeal and giggle and gurgle. So I pushed and pushed and made ridiculous faces, and...nothing. He was Mr. Serious the entire time.




So we trudged back home, Rhys gliding along the white ground in his sleigh, to do what we do best. Goof around for the camera.






Today: Warren has a quiet day of work, so some morning lattes and waffles are in the works. Gramma Patsy (my mom) is coming over this afternoon and we are going to Canadian Tire to shop for ice skates.

Happy 10th Day of January Blogging, everyone!

5 comments:

www.erinkelly.ca said...

Love the daily updates!
You will be SO GLAD you did these as he grows. I promise! ;0)

Shawna said...

He looks pretty content in the swing. Don't worry, the giggles and squeals will come. Then, one day, he will never want to get out of it. See what you've started? (See my blog, we had similar afternoons yesterday.)

The Blakeneys said...

For now, just be happy he didn't scream when you took him outta the swing -- as Shawna mentioned, that day will come, too. :)
Love the pictures of the 2 of you together. These will be so much fun to look back on.

T said...

Wow, does he ever look like you when he wears his hat! Also, I love his "snowsuit". Cable Knit....how clever.

Domestic Bloggess said...

Those are AWESOME pics! I've missed the daily updates since being in the hospital. So nice to catch up on them!