Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bits & Bops #4

Some ways I know for sure I am a mom, at the 5.5 month mark...


1) I have, on numerous occasions, licked my thumb and wiped some dirt/fluff/spittle/hair off of Rhys' face with my wet digit. I have memories of my mom doing this to me, in the parking lot of Co-op on $1.49 day, so that I would be presentable at the Co-op daycare while she shopped. Sometimes she would lick a Kleenex instead of her finger, but it was equally as traumatizing. BTW - Does Co-op still have daycare?

2) As much as I like to reminisce about Warren & Is travelling adventures before Rhys was born, I can't yet, at this point, imagine being anywhere without Rhys for very long. I would literally feel like I had left a limb or vital organ at home.

3) Whenever Warren (or anyone for that matter) is holding Rhys, or feeding him, or whatever, so that I can 'get something else done', I have to fight the urge to simply sit and watch Rhys interact with that person.

4) I can multi-task like nobodies business (I can play peek-a-b00, wash my hair in the shower and make a mental grocery list, all at the same time, for example).

5) Sometimes I'll be in such a rush to get out the door that I don't even take a moment to look in the mirror (gasp!), only to return home later on and catch a glimpse of myself and think, "Dear Lord, was I just in public looking like this?". One time I was meeting 2 friends at the mall, and one of them asked me what was wrong with my bangs. I had put a bobby pin in my bangs 'to hold them down', but instead the bobby pin was making my bangs stick straight up in the air. It was like a real life 'There's Something About Mary' hair gel scene.



Yesterday: Warren was home, so the day was fabulous. The big treat of the day? Going to the grocery store ALL BY MYSELF. Ahhhhhh....(must be another sign that I am a mom...).

Today: A very special day indeed. Rhys' BFF Easton and his beautiful mom are coming for a visit. So I expect the day to involve some homemade lattes, some store bought chocolate, some new-m0therhood chats, and hopefully some good moods all around.

And since today is Thursday, January 7th, a big shout out to NIKKI, SHANE & PALMER who are expecting to add to their family today! Good luck, Nicole! (Nikki is a 'blogger friend', who I have never met, but she's friends with some of my friends, and has a great blog, so I consider her to be EXCELLENT peeps...).

Have a great day, all!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Your bangs did not look nearly that bad.
Grocery store by yourself. So jealous.
Enjoy your visit!

T said...

fyi. The Co-Op dayc are is still there, but I've found it to be hit and miss. Some days it was open, some closed. I'm not a Co-Op shopper anyway, but the fickle nature of the daycare turned me off completely :-)