I'm 8 weeks and 1 day today. The 2 month mark. These last couple weeks have been tough in a bunch of ways. On one hand, the 'good' news is that I've been feeling like ass. Nauseous and T-I-R-E-D. My appetite has been totally out of wack. I puked my guts out last Friday night. The spinach salads I was living on before I became pregnant don't appeal to me in the least these days, which sucks because that is the type of food the baby needs right now. As I read sentences like "babies eyes, ears and mouth are forming' and 'this time is crucial for babies brain and nerves to form' I worry that my diet is lacking the building blocks this baby needs right now. I read somewhere that the baby takes what it needs from my body, and I'm the one left short handed if anything is lacking. I hope that's true. A couple days after the puking session, I experienced the migraine from HELL. I laid in bed for an hour with an ice pack on my neck, until Warren found me crying in pain. He quickly went to Dr. Google to research ways he could help me cure my migraine 'naturally', and again he demonstrated what a lovely person he truly is. He walked into the room and said (sounding like a doctor) "Well, what's happening to you is very normal. It's probably caused by all the extra blood flowing through your body, or maybe dehydration. It's recommended you try to get more exercise". He realised quickly by the scowl on my face that none of this information was helpful to me in this moment. So he offered up some more useful information. 'I can give you a message, and I'll get the radio to play you some nice music'.
None of this relieved my migraine, but it did make me feel better, on the inside. I love you, Warren.

3 comments:
I believe also that the baby takes all the good stuff from you (maybe that's partly why we feel so terrible ;-) and why we crave strange foods. So I say, eat away....eat whatever makes you feel good!
What a good guy that Warren is!! Well done, daddy-to-be. Well done.
Babies with perfectly wonderful eyes, ear, mouths and brains have resulted after mommy eats only potato chips, and whatever else she can keep down. Its nerve wracking, though. I know.
Warren is a rockstar!
Post a Comment