After a hard, tiring, stressful few days at work, I woke up on Wednesday morning after the worst night sleep I'd had in a long time. Aunt Flo was due around that day, so when I popped the thermometer in my mouth that morning I wasn't surprised to see my temperature dip down dramatically. (For anyone who doesn't know...recording your temperature every morning can help you chart your most fertile days when trying for a baby).
Frack. I'm not pregnant. What a perfect way to end a perfectly crappy few days.
I suffered through another day at work, which was a bit better than the days previous. Thursday morning rolled around (after a much better sleep), and this time my temperature spiked UP dramatically. I hopped on google and quickly learned that stress and poor sleep can affect your basal body temperature. So I decided I would use the one left over pregnancy test I had right there and then. If it came up negative I new Aunt Flo would be coming that day, and if was positive, well, that would be nice.
With Warren still fast asleep I peed on the stick. 10 seconds in, two clear pink lines appeared.
My heart fluttered and for a brief second, I was light as air.
I placed the test strategically in front of the bathroom sink so that Warren would see it when he woke up. But by the time I was supposed to leave he still hadn't gone into the bathroom. So I snatched it up and walked up to him at the computer and said "Well Hon, it's a good thing I resisted that wine last night" and he looked up at me, "Why? I stretched out my hand with the pregnancy test and said "Because I'm pregnant again".
I knew this time would be different, and it was. Warren kissed me and said "Well, let's keep an eye on it and see how it goes".

2 comments:
Isn't it just the coolest thing when those 2 pink lines show up?!? Apprehension aside, that feeling rocks.
Two very important, life changing pink lines. It was different this time, but still sweet and so memorable.
Post a Comment