Warren and I have been struggling with Rhys at meal times lately. I think it's a terrible two's thing. Food jags, constant snacking and lack of attention span to sit at a table at meal time have caused many toddler-parent battles. So a couple days ago I did what any modern parent would do.
I searched the internet for help. My research gave me a couple things to try.
I've tried offering more variety and having more 'designated' snack times. This seems to be working. Warren was a genius the other night when Rhys refused to even taste the pork cutlet we cut up on his plate. Warren began to recite Dr. Suess' 'Green Eggs and Ham', and sure enough got Rhys to taste it. Then Rhys proclaimed he liked it and would eat with a fox, and in a box, in the rain and on a train. SCORE!
Today, for breakfast, I made Rhys a breakfast bagel with egg, ham and cheese. This is something he will eat when we're out, but not at home. So I wrapped it in tin foil to make it look 'bought'. And he voila! Parenting Win #2.


1 comments:
Those tricks are NOTHING short of BRILLIANT!!!
Post a Comment