HERITAGE PARK that is.
Yes, yesterday our little family went to Heritage Park. Before Rhys was born we used to think it was odd to see young parents pushing a stroller with a tiny little infant at places like the zoo etc. We'd think 'What's the point? That kid is too young to enjoy this place." Now we realise it's fully 100% for the parents. It's something to do. Something other than walking to the mall. And it's outside. With other people. Plus we took notes on what to do better when Rhys is old enough to enjoy it.
1) Bring WATER (lots!).
2) Bring a bagged lunch ($17 for two bottles of water and two ham sandwich buns is not very economical).
3) Bring some cash, because the candy store doesn't take debit.
4) Wear comfy shoes, not flip flops.
We took some photos, which ironically look like they could have been taken in any park in Calgary. You'd never know we paid $40 admission by looking at these photos.
Warren unloading our precious cargo from the stroller:
Father & Son:
Monday, August 24, 2009
A Day at the Park
Posted by Amanda at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Looks like a great family day at heritage Park. Its one of our favourite family places. And I agree with all of your points. (Lessons learned the hard way, like the time we brought no cash for ice cream, and the "ye old" bank machine was out of order.)
I love this post! Awesome pics and Rhys is really changing every day. He's a total blend of the two of you!!!
Love the "O" mouth. I don't know why babies do it, but I'm so glad they do!!!!
Rhys looks older and bigger and stronger already!! Wow. Looks like a great family outing. I am guilty of never going to Heritage Park for just a day of fun -- but perhaps I will after reading your tips!
Post a Comment