Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 22, 2008

5 On Friday: August 22, 2008

1) Warren starts his mini-holiday this weekend and he really, really wants to go to the zoo on Saturday. So when I got an email newsletter announcing an Estate Sale (we love estate sales, because they always have awesome 'pub' type things for sale) on Saturday morning I sent him an email and our conversation progressed like this:

Amanda (with newsletter attached to email): Perhaps we could hit this sale before heading to the zoo? It starts at 9am Saturday morning. Pretty Please!

Warren: As long as I can buy you a Starbucks before we go!

Amanda: Hmmm. That's a big compromise. Oh, alright. You win!

Warren: Score!

See, the Real Estate business has made him a killer-negotiator.

2) Got a hair cut this week - just a regular 'clean-up' where I get a bit off the length, the bangs trimmed and the layers freshened. It didn't turn out well.

First of all, the hairdresser convinced me to get the 'conditioning treatment'. Essentially he rubbed something into my damp hair and massaged my scalp for 5 minutes, then added $25 to the bill.

Secondly, he bastardized my bangs. I can't even describe what they looked like. It was horrifying. Bangs are an art form, and he FAILED.

Then, when I asked for a round brush blow-dry, he insisted I get the rollers because 'that's my style'. So he proceeded to roll my damp hair into WAY TOO MANY TOO TIGHT rollers, and sit me under one of those hair drying machines you see in the movies. This added 20 minutes to my hair appointment.

Predictably, when he took out the rollers my hair puffed up into a giant nest of curls and I had a flash back to the Shirley Temple Perm I had when I was a tween.

After paying $80 for this atrocity, I headed straight to Shoppers Drug Mart and bought some barber scissors so that I could 'fix' my bangs at home. Grrrr....

3) I'm a member of a Facebook group, started by a disgruntled friend of mine. It's the UPS SUCKS group. The moral of the story is to never ship anything with this awful company and to always check what shipping company online retailers use before ordering.

I didn't do my due diligence, and sadly I just found out that the book I made of my blog entries is being shipped by UPS. This is not going to end well. Last time UPS tried shipping something to me, I received a postcard in the mail from them, telling me my parcel was being redirected to the sender, because they didn't have my correct mailing address. Does anyone else see the problem with that situation?

4) Exercise Update: Not going so well. Up one pound. BUT, I've discovered a delicious granola bar that has chocolate chips & chocolate drizzle & 5g of Fibre & tastes yummy and is only 2 WW points, compared to the 3pts my 'old' favorites were. I'll celebrate my victories where I can.

5) House Update: We've hired a painter to do our main floor. And, even before he begins, this 'reno' is snowballing. We now plan to gut the kitchen and bathrooms. Oh, and build an entire new office space in the basement. HA! And did I mention our Pub isn't even completely finished yet? Double HA! HA!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I love that UPS sent you something to tell you they couldn't send you something. Hilarious!
Great Saturday plans.
Great reno plans.
Need to know the name of that granola bar!

www.erinkelly.ca said...

my only complaint about 5 on Fridays is that I wish there were 10.