Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Potty Training Bootcamp: Day #3, Part 1

Today started off with a lot of promise.

Rhys woke up dry again. And he doesn't even need to go as soon as he wakes up (which is great, because then I know down the road that I don't need to rush to get him as soon as he wakes/stirs.)

Then he kept his undies dry ALL morning. He would nod his head when asked if he needed to go, and would hold it until he was on the potty chair. He was even saying things like 'yucky poo in diaper! Ewww! Goes in potty!' but he still hadn't pooed. He peed about 4 or 5 times in a row on the pot, keeping his undies dry. So proud!

Then we were downstairs and he got quiet and moved away from me...which is a 'poo' sign, but when i asked him he said no. So I scooped him up and there was nothing. Then, about 30 seconds later he moved away again, said no, scooped him and a big poo was coming out in his undies. DAMN IT! Rushed him upstairs to finish, said 'ewww gross your undies got dirty, yuck!' then forced out some positive comments as well...but it was hard. I was so optimistic because he seemed to have aced the peeing part (knock on wood), so I was disappointed.

Now I need to pump him full of fibre so he has another pooing opportunity today... Really want him to start and finish on the potty before the day is done.

Wow. I this really what my life has become?

Ugh.




1 comments:

Shawna said...

Only temporarily. One day you will have to teach him about sex, and drugs. Okay, still easier than potty training.