Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lucky Sparrow

My mom (Gramma Patsy) is on this trip with us, and she noticed that there are a lot of sparrows living here. Sitting on the deck, she said "Boy, if I were a sparrow, I would much rather be born in Hawaii than in Calgary!'. Now, whenever a sparrow lands on our deck to eat our crumbs, she whispers 'lucky sparrow'. She now tells Rhys he is a 'lucky sparrow', too.

Okay...some pics from Day 6...

The view from our 'Lanai' (you can see my feet resting on the deck rail in the bottom left corner):


Whale watching from our deck, taken with the zoom lens:


We went onto the rocky shore (just outside our room) this morning, because we were told you can see Sea Turtles. It was such a challenge to find them! No pics of the turtles themselves, but lots of Warren looking for them! Rhys is in the Baby Hawk (we didn't buy a new carrier...):




Beauty shot of mom & I:


Took a long drive up to the Lavender Gardens, on the side of the island volcano, which brings us to Resolution Photo, Day 6:


Even amongst all the excitement, babies need to be fed:

It was a sleepy ride home:


Then, watching the sun set at 6:15pm...a ritual we do every night here. It looks different every time:


We brought along Rhys' 'Gro Egg' room thermometer so we would know how hot it was where he was sleeping. The thermometer was very 'unhappy' tonight (28 degrees Celsius is in the DANGER ZONE!):


4 comments:

T said...

OMG. That is your view? Did I say how jealous I am? The frost is THICK on the tree's this morning...it looks incredible there. Whales? WOW.

Shawna said...

I am envious, as well. Although I will soon see whales, greenery and beach instead od frost, it will NOT be 28.3 in my room at night. Glad you are having a great time. You deserve it!

The Blakeneys said...

Love the pic of Rhys' head leaning backwards on his daddy's back. And the one of you and your mom!! That's a framer, for sure.
(I think your thermometer would be mad here, too...but on the complete opposite end of the spectrum!!)

Kirsty said...

These pictures are great! Very beautiful.