19 weeks
Big news this week: We know the sex of our baby.
We had our ultrasound last Wednesday, and Paddington was floating around lazily on the screen. The technician captured lots of shots of legs, feet, ankles and spines. Then it came time for the money shot.
Technician: Did you want to know the gender?
Amanda: Yes we do – BUT – we don’t want you tell us. We were hoping you could write it down on this card for us to open later?
Technician: Oooh. Well, we generally don’t like to do that.
Amanda: What? Why not?
Technician: It’s a liability thing. Once we’ve written it down it becomes like an official report. But...I’ll do it for you guys, as long as you understand....
Amanda: We understand.
So Warren and I closed our eyes as she ventured down to the sacred land to snap shots of Paddington’s personal bits.
The sealed envelope sat in my car for the rest of the day (I totally didn’t trust Warren with it). Later that night we set up the video camera so that we could tape ourselves opening it, with Rhys by our side.
And the winner is....
So, the common reaction, albeit a bit of a ‘joke’ reaction is “So...you’ll be having three kids then?”. Hardy har har, people.
I am crafting an entire post around this news, my reaction and feelings etc, that should surface later this week.
I think my favourite comment so far came from my mother in law who said ‘Wow! An English King would have LOVED you!”. I think she’s been watching too many episodes of The Tudors.
The really nice thing, in my view, is that so far, Warren and I have a really great track record of making sweet, darling little boys :-)
And, to my dear friend TJA – I promise a belly pic next week (because I do not want you to turn into a Basoomba).

4 comments:
Okay so I had to tell you this ... I saw the bold line after the video before I actually saw the video and I thought that implied that they found you were having twins which is what I thought the smiley face was all about when I watched the video. Oh man, though I was excited for you, I was a little terrified too, imagining 2 little people at once :)
Happy to see you will only have to manage one and congrats on your exciting news!
So excited! I can't believe my instinct was wrong (there goes my future as a psychic).
Two boys...that's going to be a lot of testosterone in the house!
Plus, there was added tension and anticipation as we had to wait for the video to load!
It was quite nerve wracking. : D
I agree with TJ. I was thinking "Come on already, open the envelope!" Yay! A boy! I love the bit from your MIL about English Kings loving you. Ha ha. I am going to use that one for sure. So happy for you. Two boys will be best friends, and understand each other and help each other throughout their lives. Great news!
Post a Comment